WestREAP’s Schools Programme works towards the Government’s priorities for education, including:
- Improving education outcomes for Māori & Pasifika students, students with special education needs and students from low socio-economic areas.
- Maximising the contribution of education to the New Zealand economy and specifically Better Public Services Result Area 2: In 2016, 98% of children starting school will have participated in quality Early Childhood education.
What’s On in Schools?
Our 2015 programmes included:
- Coordination of visits by specialised tutors, artists, performers and travelling science shows.
- Professional development workshops
- Extension Education
- Promoting the principles of Ka Hikitia in schools through provision of professional development support for teachers, Kapa Haka tutors for schools as required and assistance with the organisation of the West Coast Schools Kapa Haka festival and competition.
- Careers Education (in 2015 this took the form of workshops on Careers Conversations and the West Coast Tertiary Pathways Roadshow)
- Youth Leadership Camps and Follow Up Days
- Youth Community Fruit Project
Team Leader Schools
for more information about any of our Schools Programmes
Youth Leadership Camp March 2015